No user created upon installation

Kyushi

25 Jan, 2016 08:24 PM

Hi,

First of all thanks for this CMS. I have successfully installed it on my stage server and played a bit with it. I like it a lot so far and it works perfectly on that server. Now I went and tried to install it on my local machine, and after setting it all up again (Thanks, El Capitan :/), the installation does not seem to create a user for the site. After entering all the information (db address, name, account, pw etc.) I get redirected to mylocalsite/mysecretary/install.php? which displays no info (just the black and blue bars at the top of the page. In my database 8 tables are created and seem to contain the basic info, except for the 'user' table, which contains no rows. I made sure to change the permissions recursively, but that did not fix the problem. Do you have any idea what might be the problem here? Has anyone else experienced such a problem?

Thanks in advance!
FN

1. 1 Posted by Kyushi on 29 Jan, 2016 02:35 PM

OK, just in case somebody else runs into this problem: Apparently Mysql recently adopted a stricter policy, so that values are not null by default. The (almost) solution for me was to remove the "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" from the my.cnf file. Before that, the display_name was undefined and it threw an error (which was displayed in white on white ...).
    Now I got the "almost installed successfully message", with no code to copy and paste into the index.php. After that, I haven't gotten it to work. I tried also copying the site.php from a successful install (and editing the included information), but when I try to log in, it says that the username was not found.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Mikael on 23 Feb, 2016 03:57 PM

It may also have something to do with installing on localhost, I know this poses problems depending on setup.

3. 3 Posted by glauber on 24 May, 2016 01:40 PM

Same problem here, Kyushi. Please let me know if you managed to solve it. Thanks.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac